Friday 2 November 2012

#AcWriMo (or how I try to actually do something)

Just a quick blog post, because someone once told me accountability really helps the process. Okay, a lot of people told me that, from various sources. I suppose I should listen. Now I have plenty of much more interesting blog posts in the works instead but this was important. So here are my commitments for November.

- 500 words writing per day. That can be blog/notes/thesis
- min. 2 hours of data processing.

The ultimate goals are to add 20,000 words to my thesis (although I haven't done the math, is it possible at 500 words/day??) and to finish up the input and start analysis of my 4 data sites. Big things are happening and it feels like that extra pressure is actually going to give me the necessary push.

On a more interesting note, I have a few blog posts up my sleeve. Some things about my working process and how I've finally managed to get on tract appropriately and a few posts on my recent travels. I've been lucky enough to spend a big part of the last 4 months outside the United Kingdom, working in a few amazing places. Can't wait to share!

In the meantime, anyone else doing #AcWriMo?

2 comments:

  1. Would love to read about your adventures outside the UK ;-)
    Hope your PhD will turn out fine - sounds very busy. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it possible? Well 500 words can be written in half an hour, seriously I have been attempting to do that for four days a week for the last year see http://jengiethesis.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/first-weeks-progress.html . There have been days and weeks when I have missed my target but it formed the basic pace of my writing.

    ReplyDelete